Caron Roberts was at home in Tyla Garw, Rhondda Cynon Taf on the of 14th December while her 12 year old son Archie was at school. Her tumble dryer caught fire and very rapidly, spread throughout the house which was literally gutted. Caron and Archie were left with only the clothes they were wearing. Caron’s mother took them into her home where they remain as they had nothing!
Nick Rush, Past Master of Talygarn Lodge in Pontyclun lives close by and with the help of the Provincial Grand Almoner, Phil Bevan, galvanised all the lodges in Pontyclun – St Gwynno, Yr Efail, Miskin, Talygarn and Trisant Lodges who donated £1000, the proceeds of their recent Social Evening. Together South Wales Freemasons gave the family £1,700 to save Christmas and help the family recover. It was a magnificent and immediate response which demonstrates Freemasonry at its best in the Community!
Photo from left to right – Christian Walker Worshipful Master of Talygarn Lodge, Archie, Phil Bevan, Provincial Grand Almoner, Caron, Nick Rush, Past Master of Talygarn Lodge and Ian Slaughter, Worshipful Master of Trisant Lodge