2021 Festival Lottery
The Provincial Lottery is registered by Cardiff Council under the Small Society Lotteries (schedule 11 of the Gambling Act 2005). A certificate was issued to Masonic Province of South Wales on 19th March 2015 by Cardiff Council. The registration number is 0523. The Lottery will run and be administered by the Provincial Lottery Administrator under the supervision of the Provincial Grand Charity Steward.
50% of the proceeds will go into the prize fund and 50% to the 2021 Festival. Each Lodge can sell the Lottery tickets to their members, visitors and also non-masons. The contribution (i.e. the 50%) of the Lottery ticket sales will be counted towards the Lodge’s festival donation.
It will be a monthly draw. The prize for matching 3 numbers is £25 and the balance towards the jackpot for matching 4 numbers with a minimum jackpot prize of £1,000. If there is no winner, the prize money will rollover.
- The 2021 Festival Lottery is registered by Cardiff Council under the Small Society Lotteries (schedule 11 of the Gambling Act 2005). A certificate was issued to Masonic Province of South Wales on 19th March 2015 by Cardiff Council. The registration number is 0523.
- The lottery will run and be administered by the Festival Lottery Administrator under the supervision of the Provincial Grand Charity Steward.
- Match 3 numbers and win £25.
- Match 4 numbers and win the jackpot!
- The odds of winning this lottery at 4/24 is 10,626 to 1
- For your information:
4/33 is 40,920 to 1 (as a comparison)
6/59 is 45,057,474 to 1 (National Lottery)
5/50 & 2/11 is 116,531,800 to 1 (Euro Millions)
How to take part:
- Download a pdf of the Lottery Slip & Standing Order Form here.
- Fill in the Standing Order to your bank or pay by cheque.
- Fill in your favoured number(s) between 1 – 24.
- Keep a note of your lottery numbers.
- Return your completed form to:
Provincial Lottery Administrator, Masonic Hall, St Helens Road, Swansea SA1 4DF
The Lottery Administrator on behalf of the promoter will:
- Confirm your number and starting date with you.
- Register the standing order with your bank.
- Pay out winners.
- Publicise on www.southwalesmason.com, monthly draw and winners.
Audit & Inspection:
- There are Audit and Inspection procedures in place.
- Full rules will be published on the Provincial Website and the lodge Charity Steward / Lottery Steward will also be given a printed copy.
If 150 Lodges participated each month selling an average of 25 lottery lines:
- 150 x 25 x 12 x 6 = £270,000
- 50% to Festival = £135,000 and credit to your lodges for Bronze; Silver; Gold Medals
- 50% to Prizes = £135,000
In other words Brethren: Players are winners; The Lodges are winners; and most of all Masonic Charities are the winners.