It was a tense evening at the Ty Newydd Pub in Barry, as the “Emerald 5907 & Beehive 6265 Annual Skittles Challenge trophy” was up for grabs once again! 38 Brethren, wives and partners assembled under their respective banners as the competition commenced. Would Emerald make it four on the trot or would Beehive finally spoil the party? After Round 1, Beehive had taken the lead by just 1 point (Emerald 64 – Beehive 65)…. the pressure was building for Emerald in the last and final round and after an hour and thirty minutes the trophy was retained by Emerald Lodge as they won by a small margin of just 6 points (Emerald 143 – Beehive 137). Reluctantly, but with a big smile on his face, the Worshipful Master of Beehive 6265, W.Bro. Len Edwards, re-presented the Trophy for the 4th consecutive time to W.Bro. Paul Camilleri, Master of Emerald 5907. An excellent evening was had by all concerned and £90 was raised for the South Wales Freemason’s TLC Appeal.
Teddies for Loving Care Appeal
We raise funds for the supply of cuddly toys to A&E Units for children in severe distress
- Our simple objective is for Freemasons to provide teddies to A&E hospitals
- To enable the Medical Staff to give to children who are in severe distress, at their discretion
- Staff feel that a Teddy to cuddle will help alleviate that distress
- And assist Medial Staff in their urgent work
- The Children keep the Bear forever as their best friend and so Teddy gets a new home.
- In terms of funding – In South Wales, we believe that we will need to donate approximately 20,000 bears per year to the hospitals at an annual cost of approximately £25,000.
Teddies to help 20,000 children & their families in South Wales
A special launch event for the South Wales Teddies for Loving Care (TLC) initiative took place on Friday, September 23, at the Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospital for Wales.
The South Wales TLC Appeal Scheme is being launched at Sure and Stedfast Lodge 8991 on Saturday 24th September 2016 at Cardiff Masonic Hall, with a presentation by TLC Appeal Founder & Chairman Ian Simpson. The lodge opens at 10.15am. Luncheon can be booked by contacting the Secretary Colin Grey email: firstname.lastname@example.org (more…)